Nine Dot Solutions can assist our clients with extending the life of existing machinery and structures. Although machinery and structures are designed to a specific usable life, careful management of structures, operating procedures and maintenance plans can extend this life.
Lifetime extension plans typically
- provide an overview of machine condition based on previous inspections,
- extend the usable life of machinery,
- reduce capital expenditure to replace aging machinery,
- reduce unplanned downtime due to aging components,
- allow for efficient replacement planning.
Lifetime extension plans are based on the findings of the structural audit and verification measurements and cannot be implemented without these analyses. The areas highlighted for action are addressed. The action depends on the condition of this area or component.
The lifetime extension process is described below: